The Harvest Jazz and Blues week in Fredericton is always exciting, and this year was no exception!
The week of Harvest is a busy one for our office, especially for our Field Team. As soon as the tents are up, the crew starts running fibre optic cable to each venue, then set up wireless networks for staff, volunteers and musicians.
How is this used by the festival?
- This network is used to scan each person’s ticket entering the tent – no one wants long line ups so a connection that doesn’t get dropped is crucial.
- The bank machines require internet access so patrons can buy Harvest swag, get drink tokens or a meal at one of the many food trucks.
- Speaking of swag, the Point-of-Sale terminals need to be connected. These are used to purchase both Harvest and musicians merch.
- Volunteers (of which there are many) use this to stay in communication with each other.
- Musicians use it to stay connected and prepare for the shows – have you ever travelled without access to wifi, no one wants that! Some acts have a direct connection into their production trailers allowing them incredible speeds in the middle of a parking lot!
Our field team also sets up our phone charging station so volunteers and patrons can top up their phones if they get low. We are pretty sure that this is their least favorite thing to set up, it sits on a concrete slab and calling it heavy doesn’t seem like a strong enough word! The team knows its value and how important a charged phone can be, so they set it up with a smile!
This year, we also added a free public wifi to the Harvest Garden for everyone to enjoy. This is a great little spot where patrons can enjoy a drink, play some games or put their feet up for a rest. Access to wifi here allows people to post on social media and make their friends who couldn’t attend the festivities very jealous!
After all of this, we like to celebrate our teams and their dedication to f6 so we have a Staff Night. We start with dinner and then take in a show, this year it was the Trans Canada Highwaymen. These guys always put on an amazing show and what better way to say “Thank you” to our team.
Our “Thank you” doesn’t stop with our team, the Friday night is our Customer Appreciation Event co-hosted with our strategic partner BrunNet. Overlooking downtown Fredericton on the patio at Brewbakers we had over 200 of our amazing customers and partners, without whom, f6 wouldn’t be what it is today! Thank you for putting your trust in f6 to provide your business connectivity, we know how critical it is for your business’ success, we are honoured!
Finally, Saturday night featured the f6 Networks sponsored show at the Blues Tent. The Tortoise, the Hare and the Millionaire started the show with a bang, Ariel Posen followed with beautiful guitar riffs. Then the crew started to set the stage for the main act, you could tell you were going to be in for a treat! Nathaniel Rateliff took to the stage and it was magical! Truly a world class musician!
Harvest week is a big one for f6 Networks, its one we look forward to every year. We work hard but we also make sure to have a lot of fun, hope you were able to enjoy some of the festivities as well!